Friday, July 4, 2014

Why don't you blog about it? The first seed...

Journal Entry Day 653:

July 4th, 2014 Independence Day  
05:44 Prayer Room
   I think the Lord wants me to start a blog about what He's doing in my life. I was just praying, thanking Him for healing my back and healing my tooth when this thought popped into my head, "Why don't you blog about it?" Was that You God?
  Well, I'm positive it wasn't the enemy, he doesn't want me telling people how great our God is. And I'm pretty sure it wasn't my own thought...If I recall correctly...this was my spoken prayer..."Thank You for my parents, thank You for my husband, thank You for Alex, Lani, Nicole, Whitney, Alexa, thank You for this building, our home, thank you for our tenants, forgive me Lord for having any unkind thoughts about the state of their affairs. Lord I know unkindness does not come from you God, forgive my doubt and help me see that You God are my provider, that You supply my needs even as some tenants do not pay rent on time, I am safe and secure in You oh Lord. So I ask you to cleanse me with the blood of Jesus, make me righteous in Your sight oh Lord because of the work Jesus did on the cross for me, because of His sacrifice, because of His love for me. I am forgiven and made righteous because of His love. Thank You for Your love, thank You for Your love, thank You for Your love!Thank you for healing my tooth, thank you for healing my back"...a small moment of silence and then this thought..."Why don't you blog about it?"
  Yep, pretty sure that was God's still small voice*, and I thought, why don't I? Because I was never prompted to blog before but now that the Lord planted that seed during my prayer time, I have to tend it and make sure it grows. Oh God, You are good. You are oh so good. I give You praise, I give You praise, I give You praise!(end journal entry)

Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field, which indeed is the least of all the seeds; but when it is grown it is greater than the herbs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches.” Matthew 13:31-32 NKJV 

*see 1 Kings 19:12






No comments:

Post a Comment