Saturday, July 5, 2014

Thank You God for healing my back

If you read my first post you will notice that as I thanked the Lord for healing my back, He said, "Why don't you blog about it." So I feel I should start there. First of all let me say the Lord did not audibly speak to me. Just as I "say" this to you now and you are not audibly hearing my voice. Why do I make that distinction? Because occasionally the Lord does audibly speak to people, He has yet to audibly speak to me so when I say I heard from the Lord or the Lord said something I want to be clear on how I actually received the word. In this case it was His still small voice inside me, because He dwells in me, I can "hear" His still small voice inside, just as I can "hear" my own thoughts and can "hear" whispers from the enemy. That is why I am learning to examine these thoughts to be sure where they are truly coming from. More on that another day perhaps.

Today I want to tell you about the lower back pain I suffered from for many years. I'm not sure I can tell you when or why it started, I wasn't in an accident or anything like that. I would guess it started in my late 20's or early 30's as a dull ache. I went to the doctor who determined it was a muscle problem and sent me to a physical therapist. I went faithfully, did the stretches, did the strengthening exercises, it didn't help. Over the course of several years I went to chiropractor's, tried more physical therapy, tried acupuncture, tried muscle relaxers, nothing helped.

Around age 35 I gave up, the pain wasn't so bad that I couldn't function. It was just annoying, it was bad at bedtime and worse in the morning but once I got up and moving around it would usually go away for a good portion of the day.Some days it was worse than others but I figured I would just have to live with it. All those years I was not living for the Lord. I knew Jesus, as a child I had accepted Him as my personal Lord and Savior. But I strayed pretty far off the path beginning in my teens. Unfortunately for me and everyone around me it took me 20 years or better to really come back to the Lord. The road back began with a dream in 2010. I saw Jesus's face in the moon and the Lord's voice spoke to me saying, "All who believe on Him will be saved." And the Lord's invisible hand picked me up and cradled me, my body seemed to float above the ground. After that I decided it was time to get back into the Word and vowed to read the Bible every night before bed instead of fictional novels as I had most of my life. 

By 2013 I was attending Word of Faith Dominion Church in Lake Mills, it was wonderful to find a place so full of the Holy Spirit and the Love of Jesus. There is a strong focus on worship, prayer and the Word. By then I'd attended several services and meetings where healing prayer was offered but I had grown so used to this pain in my back it had never occurred to me that I needed to be healed. 

Journal Entry Day 174
March 10, 2013
Home 12:30
Went to Word of Faith with Dad this morning. Powerful stuff today. Holy Spirit was on the move, is on the move. Healed my lower back. Thank you Jesus! Thank you God! Thank you Holy Spirit! It feels better than it has in years. Today Terrance from MN preached*. He said Holy Spirit gave him the word 'enforcer'. Holy Spirit is the enforcer of the new covenant. He reminded us that when the disciples asked Jesus to teach them to pray He said, pray like this, dear heavenly Father, creator of heaven and earth, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. He reminded us Jesus died so that we could have heaven on earth. Holy Spirit enforces that covenant. Not to accept anything here that is not in heaven. Like back pain. (end journal entry)

I remember well, Terrance was listing off ailments we should not accept and when he said back pain, I knew that was my call. I went forward to the altar and knelt before God and humbly asked him to heal my lower back. When I knelt down I had back pain and there have been numerous times I've stretched my back in this way to relieve the pain, it was always temporary relief, so when the pain left it was not a surprise. But I had gone forward in faith because I believed the Word of God that was being spoken. After praying and thanking God I got up and went back to my seat sure I had been healed.

I went home, still no pain, all day it felt great, I went to bed, no pain. When I woke up the next day I had the oddest sensation, no pain. It felt so foreign to me I felt strange and elated I was truly healed. It was a miracle and a blessing, oh such a blessing. The Lord cares for our every little ache and pain.

But I had to remember Jesus' words in John 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill and to destroy, I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. (NKJV) The thief is the devil and he did come in the form of pain in my lower back. Any time I felt a twinge in my back, I held faithfully to my healing and thanked God for it. You see there is so much power in praise and thanksgiving and those twinges went away. The devil flees at the name of Jesus. I shudder to think of a time in my life when I allowed the devil to dig his hooks in. Had I caved in to that pain and said I guess God didn't heal me, I would still be suffering today. 

So I thank God continually for setting me free from that pain, I laugh at the devil when he every once in a while tries to steal my healing and I give God the praise He deserves. He has blessed me greatly. 

Psalm 34:1-3 I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make it's boast in the Lord; the humble shall hear of it and be glad. Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together. (NKJV)

*Terrance Wilson Reeves-Chong from Living Word Christian Center 
Brooklyn Park, MN  
Click the link to hear him preach on Holy Spirit - Covenent Enforcer http://vimeo.com/34794553

No comments:

Post a Comment