Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Actively Waiting on God

 Painting by Louj
I know the Holy Spirit is moving and that something awesome is happening in the supernatural that is about to give birth here on earth. Not just the car, that is a minor thing compared to what the breath of God is blowing in. I didn't come up with this all on my own. I subscribe to http://www.elijahlist.com/ and read what today's prophets are saying. For some of you this may be a hard pill to swallow but yes there are prophets in this day and age and the Lord does speak through them.

One of the reasons I agree with them is this stirring I have in my spirit. I didn't sleep much last night and this is unusual for me. I am so blessed to be one who falls asleep quickly and sleeps well through the night. Not last night, I know the Lord was dealing with some of my "stuff". Ok I'll use the real words for it unbelief, fear, pride; and He's using our car to do it...

Journal Entry Day 656
July 7, 2014 Mon
14:20 Living Room
....Last night Chad tried starting the car while I was at work, it wouldn't start. But his key fob unlocked the car so there was enough battery to open the electric locks. Today after I posted the blog...Miracle Coming Soon, I took my Bible outside and read Mark 11:21-24 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Have faith in God. For assuredly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them. (NKJV) Then I said to the car, "battery charge in the name of Jesus." I pushed my key fob, nothing. I did this two more times and nothing; I wondered if my key fob battery is dead and I must admit I felt silly talking to the car and worried that someone would come along and hear my failed prayer. I came inside not wanting to tell anyone I failed again. But is this about me? No, this will not happen under my power but God's Holy Spirit. I thought before I went out there it should be simple, walk up to the car and tell it to work in the name of Jesus, which I did. I will not give up, I know in my heart the Lord made this promise to me, it's not about the car, it's about faith, it's about believing in the promises of God, believing the Word of God even when what we see is contradictory... (end journal entry)

Shame on me....failed prayer, did I actually write that? I did, forgive me Lord for my unbelief, forgive me for being afraid someone would hear my prayer and think I'm crazy. I certainly didn't walk out there boldly like I should have. Help me in my weakness oh Lord.

Journal Entry Day 657
July 8, 2014 Tues
22:19 Bedroom
     After Chad and I spent a lovely day together in Clear Lake, brunch at Denny's, a walk by the lake and grocery shopping at Fareway, I took some time to clean the cars. My dad's first, that was easy, light vacuum, quick dusting, it wasn't too dirty. Then our old reliable Olds. First I had to get Chad's set of keys, my fob didn't work and I don't have a key to unlock it. Chad's key fob didn't work either, I needed the key. By sight the battery is dead. And by sight, our car is filthy; garbage everywhere, dirt buildup everywhere, gravel accumulating on the floor. I tried praising God while I cleaned...but thought am I being genuine? or am I just trying to get God to perform this miracle I've declared He'd do? I'm ashamed to say in that moment the latter. So I stopped that and acknowledged God for who He is, faithful always, even when I'm fake. And I realized He would be true to me, our car will run again whether we have to take it to Standard Exchange and have human hands fix it or whether the Lord will charge the battery and fix the electrical problem by His hand, either way is a miracle because today when we look at our finances we see the money's not there to get it fixed. My problem is I always want God to do things the way I want Him to do things. Pride. Oh Lord, forgive me of my pride. I repent of my pride Lord. Cleanse me Father with the blood of Jesus and make me righteous in Your sight. Thank you Lord that I am forgiven.
     The physical act of cleaning was therapeutic for me. By the time I had cleaned the garbage from the car, I'd cleaned up my prideful heart and it was time to wash the grime away. I got a rag and soapy water and this time I wasn't trying to praise God, I was truly praising Him. I thanked Him for cleansing my heart, not just from the days pride but all the days of my life. I thanked Him for the car He provided, I thanked Him for the faith He'd given me to trust Him, I thanked Him for always being faithful, for forgiving me and the list goes on and on and on...
     But don't think because I've accepted the Lord's will in this matter that I am just going to sit back and wait for Him to act. No, after I got it all cleaned up well mostly, I couldn't move the car to vacuum it yet, I sat in the drivers seat and said again, "by the power and authority of Jesus Christ battery charge, lights work properly." I turned the key, not even a click. But that's ok, it's not shocking my faith. 
    Now, I just got done reading Hebrews 11 and was reminded Jericho didn't fall for 7 days. I'll go talk to my mountain everyday till it moves. (end journal entry)

After writing that journal entry, I read the story of Jericho in Joshua 6; how the Lord instructed the priests to circle Jericho once every day for 6 days and  then 7 times on the 7th day and how the people were to remain silent until Joshua told them to shout. There was more to it than that but what I realized was they were given very specific instructions from the Lord to their victory. What had the Lord instructed me in the matter of my car? And I remembered that first day as I prayed I saw myself standing over the car, hands raised to God, declaring the car be fixed in the name of Jesus, the Lord's will to come down to earth and then to anoint the car with oil.

This morning I took olive oil, infused with frankincense and walked boldly up to the car, I raised my hands to the Lord and said, "In the name of Jesus, car battery be fully charged, lights work properly." I took the oil on my finger and made crosses over the lights and said, "I anoint this car for Your purposes in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, Amen.  

Now I thank You God for fixing our car in the name of Jesus. And I thank You God for showing me my pride, unbelief and fear so that I could confess them to You and repent of my sins and be forgiven, in Jesus name, Amen. And I ask you, which is the greater miracle?

UPDATE: July 18, 2014
The Lord answered today, we have been given the finances to pay to have the car fixed. Thank you Lord, you are so faithful! And He answered so quickly, Praise God!!





1 comment:

  1. Oh Jennifer! I LOVE this! And I love hearing your heart. :)

    ReplyDelete