Saturday, January 6, 2018

Power of our words

Proverbs 18:21 says that death and life are in the power of the tongue. Remember when we were kids and we said sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me. Not true. What people say about us can hurt us if we let them, but more importantly the words we speak have power. The power of words does not come from us. The Lord's power is loosed when we speak life words. The devils power is loosed when we speak death words. Our power is in our freedom to choose whose power we will loose with the words we speak. 

Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth as witness today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live.

Matthew 18:18 Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

We are so often careless with our words not paying any mind to their power. My prayer today is that we would get it, that words have power and that we would choose life words today.

1 comment: