Friday, August 1, 2014

Happy Birthday Alex

My baby, born 24 years ago...Alexandra Diane...Happy Birthday! 

Proof that God exists and blesses us everyday!
August 1, 1990
Psalm 139:13-16 
Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; 
You formed me in my mother's womb. 
I thank you, High God-you're breathtaking! 
Body and soul, I am marvelously made! 
I worship in adoration-what a creation! 
You know me inside and out, 
You know every bone in my body; 
You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, 
How I was sculpted from nothing into something. 
Like an open book, 
You watched me grow from conception to birth; 
All the stages of my life were spread out before you, 
The days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day.
(MSG from www.biblegateway.com) 

Journal Entry    Day 681     August 1, 2014    07:11 Prayer Room
     Thank You Lord for giving me Alex, she is a blessing to me like no other blessing you've given me. Beautiful, smart, generous, loving, forgiving, sweet, hard-working, thoughtful, kind, independent, savvy, faithful, honest, trustworthy, strong, respectful, God-fearing. She is so many amazing things. Thank You Lord for shaping her life, thank You for always protecting her and keeping her safe. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.    End journal entry.

March 29, 2014 Galena, ILL
Above photo taken just before we set off to the 'Grand Tasting' during Galena's annual Wine Lovers Weekend. We tasted many new wines, my birthday gift from Alex.

Proverbs 3:9-10 Honor the Lord with your possessions, and with the firstfruits  of all your increase; So your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will overflow with new wine.

Today's Scripture is of course fitting because that's how God operates...

Psalm 91:11-12 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment